|Rebate: $1.70 per Square Foot|
|Avg. Lifetime Savings||$4000|
|Avg. Lifespan (Years)||20 - 50|
Save Up To $0
The information provided on this site is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal, financial, or tax advice.
Gas Condensing Water Heater Incentive Details
Energize CT Gas Condensing Water Heater Rebate
This Gas Condensing Water Heater rebate offers a $300 instant discount to residential natural gas customers who meet the eligibility criteria. The incentive duration for this rebate is from January 1, 2023, to December 31, 2023. The average initial cost of the gas condensing water heater is $2,300.
To be eligible for the Gas Condensing Water Heater rebate, the equipment must be installed in the service territory of the participating utility. Residential customers of Eversource, CNG, and SCG can participate in this rebate program.
Eligible systems must be ENERGY STAR certified equipment with a Thermal Efficiency (TE) of at least 94% or a Uniform Energy Factor (UEF) of at least 0.80. These efficiency standards ensure that the gas condensing water heaters meet energy efficiency requirements.
Gas Condensing Water Heaters offer several advantages for homeowners in Connecticut. These include:
- Energy Efficiency: Gas Condensing Water Heaters are highly efficient, using less energy to heat water compared to traditional gas water heaters. This translates to lower energy bills for homeowners and a reduced carbon footprint for the environment.
- Cost Savings: Gas Condensing Water Heaters can help homeowners save money on their energy bills, particularly in areas with high natural gas rates. Additionally, the Energize CT rebate program offers significant financial incentives to help offset the cost of purchasing and installing a Gas Condensing Water Heater.
- Hot Water Availability: Gas Condensing Water Heaters can produce hot water more quickly and efficiently than traditional gas water heaters, providing a steady supply of hot water for the home.
- Environmental Benefits: Gas Condensing Water Heaters produce fewer greenhouse gas emissions than traditional gas water heaters, which is beneficial for the environment. Additionally, the electricity used to power Gas Condensing Water Heaters can be generated from renewable sources like wind or solar, further reducing their environmental impact.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: Unlike traditional gas water heaters, Gas Condensing Water Heaters do not produce significant amounts of combustion byproducts like carbon monoxide, which can negatively impact indoor air quality. This can improve the health and safety of the home’s occupants.
Overall, Gas Condensing Water Heaters offer numerous benefits for homeowners in Connecticut, including energy efficiency, cost savings, hot water availability, environmental benefits, and improved indoor air quality. By taking advantage of the Energize CT rebate program, homeowners can make the switch to Gas Condensing Water Heaters with minimal upfront cost and enjoy the long-term benefits of this efficient and sustainable hot water heating solution.
Costs & Savings
$2000 - $0
$1000 - $0
10 - 0
According to the US Department of Energy, replacing a standard gas water heater with a high-efficiency Gas Condensing Water Heater can save homeowners up to 30% on energy costs, which can translate into annual savings of up to $100-$200. Over 11 years, this could add up to savings of up to $1,100-$2,200.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, high-efficiency condensing water heaters can save an average of $100 or more annually on energy costs compared to standard efficiency models. Over the typical lifespan of a water heater, which is around 10-15 years, this can result in savings ranging from $1,000 to $1,500 or more. It’s important to note that these savings estimates are general averages, and the actual savings can vary depending on individual circumstances. Factors such as local utility rates, household water usage patterns, and the specific efficiency of the condensing water heater will affect the exact amount of savings achieved.
A "Home Energy Solutions" Energy Audit is Your Best First Step.
Looking to maximize your Gas Condensing Water Heater incentive/rebate and achieve optimal energy savings for your home? Look no further than a comprehensive Home Energy Solutions (H.E.S.) audit. By identifying areas of energy waste and recommending upgrades to enhance efficiency, a HES assessment is the logical first step in your energy savings journey. Plus, with the HES Score you receive, you'll be able to qualify for the best incentives available. Don't miss out on the opportunity to save energy and money - schedule your HES audit today and start your journey towards a more efficient home.
H.E.S. only costs you $50 out-of-pocket. It could be free-of charge if you qualify for Home Energy Solutions Income-Eligible (H.E.S.-IE).